Senior artist Jan 2018 - Current
Senior artist Jan 2018 - July 2018
- Modeled and textured a wide variety of assets. From hard surface hero assets to organic creatures.
- Contributed to layout and staging of different gameplay areas.
Universal Arts School
Instructor Nov 2017 - Current
I teach the Videogame Art Masters where we cover Maya, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop, Marmoset and Unreal from fundamentals to delivering production ready assets focusing on PBR production pipeline for games.
Skills that are taught during the Masters are: Modeling, unwrapping, texturing, sculpting, rigging, lighting, intro to animation.
Alliance Studio / Blizzard / Rhythm & Hues
Project: Giant Overwatch Promotional Statues, Rhythm & Hues / Prana dome theater attractions
3D Artist, Previsualization Artist May 2015- Mar 2016
- Part of the CG team that redesigned 3 Overwatch characters to look like action figures.
- Redesigned, modeled and prepared assets for 3d printing at massive scale.
- Designed and implemented production pipeline to facilitate realtime previewing of previsualization for dome theater style attraction rides withing Maya using Oculus DK2.
- Worked directly with Director to establish the scene, define layout and work on final camera animation. -
Environment, creature and object modeling, texturing and animation.
Project: Mass Effect New Earth 4D ride
Lead Asset artist Oct 2015 - Dec 2015
- Model, texture and rigging of several hero and background assets.
- That includes character, prop and environment mdeling. All assets used PBS shading parameters and maps. All assets required the highest fidelity because the final output used in the ride is 4K at 60 FPS.
Sony Online Entertainment
Project: Planetside 2
3D Generalist Apr 2014 - Oct 2014
-Worked on Planetside 2 dealing with large number of assets and ensuring they not only looked great but that they worked with the technical specifications for their proprietary engine.
-Organized and adapted a huge amount of assets for the PlayerStudio portion of the game. As a result I had to create a system to keep all those assets organized and be able to keep track of them.
- I was in charge of rigging and skinning new vehicles.
Projects: Subaru Commercial, Hyundai Walking Dead Chop Shop
3D Artist May 2013- Nov. 2013
- Modeled and textured assets for the Walking Dead Chop Shop game. Items like a 50 cal machinegun, spinning saw blades, door spikes, solar panels, etc.
-Modeled and textured high poly realistic environments and lighting and rendering of different cars for commercials and TV spots.
Heavy Iron Studios
Projects: Disney Infinity
3D Artist Feb2013- Apr. 2013
- modeling, texturing, animating, working with FX and optimizing existing assets to fit some tight limitations.
Projects: The Sims 3 Pets and Sims 3 Store Team, The Sims Medieval and Pirates and Nobles Adventure Pack
Environment Modeler Jan 2010-May 2012
-I modeled and textured objects, props, buildings and terrain.
-Collaborated with various departments to create functional rigs for animation, as well as working on assets that could then be passed to a number of different teams.
-Collaborated with different disciplines to create and implement complicated objects that require
special rigs, new animations and which the player could edit.
-During the expansion Pirates and Nobles I was left as the sole Environment Artist in this project and inherited all artistic and technical responsibilities regarding environment art.
Multimedia Designer Nov 2004 - Nov 2006
-Motion graphics in presentations for clients (After Effects and Flash)
-Photo and render retouching
-Graphic design (logotypes, business cards, etc)
Vancouver Film School 2007- 2008 Diploma in 3D Animation and Visual Effects
Universidad Iberoamericana 2000-2004 Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
High poly sub-d modeling for hard surface assets
Modeling in-game characters and assets
Efficient UV mapping
Digital sculpting of anatomy and cloth
Baking clean normal maps
Creating textures for Physically Based Rendering pipelines and hand-painted art directions
Rigging, skinning and weighting
Lighting and rendering
Time line and node base compositing.
Maya, XSI, 3D Studio Max, Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Zbrush, UV Layout, Crazybump, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer
Mari, Mental Ray, VRay, Perforce, Shotgun, After Effects, Nuke, X-Normal, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver.